Wednesday, October 29, 2008

hello and goodbye


What would you do if you were told that you cannot use your camera for several weeks? Would you be devastated? I was. That happened to me when my Nikon 5700 developed ccd failure or sensor failure. Apparently it belonged to the batch of cameras that exhibited similar problems at that time. The Nikon shop here could not repair it because the part still had to be imported from Japan. However, when I sent the camera to Japan through a friend who was going to there, she was told that opening the camera alone would cost so much and they were not even sure they could repair it. Huh, what kind of answer was that?

I don’t know how I managed to survive those days of not having a camera. For sure I developed withdrawal syndrome because at that time taking pictures (almost daily) has already become a habit. Every time I saw something I would like to take a picture of, my heart would bleed a little. Ah, those were really, really bad days for me. I think my husband saw how miserable I was then that he volunteered to share the cost with me if I wanted to buy a new camera. That’s when I got my Canon 350D and I have been using this since then. I am now a certified Canon lover.

The picture I am sharing today belongs to the last batch of pictures I took with my Nikon before it said goodbye. Bye Nikon.

Isn’t she lovely? This photo is titled “sweet sixteen.”

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...