Saturday, October 25, 2008

flamenco dancer


This picture is the result of a happy accident. Why happy? Because the accident resulted in an even better picture I think.

When I first saw this Hibiscus flower, I was right away reminded of a flamenco dancer. As I was taking the picture however, I accidentally stepped on a piece of stone and made a slight movement that resulted in the motion blur. The blur however produced a more dynamic effect and one can almost see the flamenco dancer's skirt swirling. Don't do agree? I can even hear the castanets, can you?

Afterwards, I took several more shots of the the flower and tried recreating the motion, doing an intentional blur but nothing came close to the natural effect of the accidental blur. So this was one happy accident for me in my photography adventure.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...