Friday, October 31, 2008

the color of rain


It's a little gloomy today and it feels like rain, so I thought of sharing a "rain" photo.

Taking pictures of rain is challenging. It is even doubly challenging if one is inside a moving vehicle. I took this picture from inside the window of a moving car and the rain streaks produced just the right effect. I was lucky to find a trike with a colorful umbrella outside. The color contrast is simply beautiful, don't you think so?

After fiddling around with the various controls of my camera, I discovered that setting the camera to sports mode produced the best effect if one is inside a moving vehicle.

Those who are photoshop savvy (I'm not by the way), can produce rain effects, but where is the fun and challenge in that? If I can do it the natural way, why rely on photoshop?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...