Sunday, November 2, 2008

from my hometown


I grew up in a fishing village and I thought I would share today a photo from my hometown. This is one of my very first photo of my hometown. When we were growing up, we still had to call a photographer if we wanted any picture taken. When film cameras came around, I concentrated on taking snapshots of people rather than of scenery. Thank God for digital cameras, now, anybody can take a picture of anything. So when I went home a few years ago, I started focusing on the scenery too.

Fish pens and traps abound in my hometown. I used to go with my grandfather catching fish from inside these traps as the tide ebbed. That was fun!

Anyway, this photo shows the fish pens. The fisherman would sometimes spend the night inside those little houses on top of the pens.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...