Saturday, February 7, 2009

motion blur


When photographing some street activity like dancing, it's usually hard to decide what to focus on. There are so many points of interest like the costume, the people, the activity itself or even the reactions of spectators. All of these usually require different camera settings in order to get the real feel of what is happening. What usually happens (in my case anyway), is I win some and lose some shots.

Anyway, what I am sharing today is a photo wherein I used a slow shutter speed to get the motion blur effect of the swirl of the dancer's dress. The same effect can of course be obtained using photoshop. However, I usually prefer to produce the effect while shooting rather than during post processing.

Can you feel the rhythm of the dance?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...