Thursday, February 5, 2009

Abstract painting with your camera


Have you tried 'abstract painting' with your camera? I did, and it's so challenging, exciting, frustrating and rewarding all at the same time.

I read in a magazine about making “abstract painting” with one’s camera and the pictures are interesting and seemed easy to do, so I tried it. The techniques to use are supposed to be: panning, zooming in, zooming out, intentional blur, etc.... Hmm, so I thought it was going to be a piece of cake. Well, I couldn’t have been more wrong! It was definitely no piece of cake! It was hard! But I kept on doing it and will try again tomorrow.

I have a constraint on my ‘painting’ however. I have to use ‘nature’ only in my abstracts. No beads or artificial light, or colored stones, or paper, etc.... I only have to rely on natural light, color, forms, etc...

So what I am sharing today is one of the results of my excursion into ‘abstract painting’ with my camera. What do you think?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...