You only need to follow a few steps:
- open a photo in Photoshop
- crop the photo so that the width is about 1/3 longer than the height
- resize the photo to a square (remove constraints and copy the width numbers to the space for the length)
- rotate the photo 180 degrees
- click on filter >distort>polar coordinates and viola! you have your small world!
- clean up the seams by using healing brush
- you can now display your small world photo!
Yes, it's just easy!
There is a more detailed description of the process in my HubPages article.
A blogger, Robin, just finished doing this "small world" based on the tutorial I shared in my HubPages article. She posted her work in her blog here:
Thanks very much Robin! I'm so happy for you!